Lubenham Scarecrow Festival Presentation
A presentation evening was held at the Coach and Horses Pub in Lubenham on Tuesday, 3rd February 2015 for the Scarecrow Committee to distribute profits from last year’s Scarecrow Weekend to local groups and organisations that applied for funding.
Over £14,000 was shared between the following beneficiaries, all of whom contributed enormously to the event’s success:
• Lubenham Village Hall – for refurbishment of kitchen area
• Lubenham Green – for continuing upkeep
• Lubenham War Memorial – for resurfacing stonework and re-
• Lubenham Newsletter – for general costs
• Lubenham Playing Fields – towards new equipment and mowing costs
• PALS (Parents at Lubenham School) – towards ICT software and
• All Saints Church – for restoration of stained glass window
• Foxton Scouts _- for up to date camping equipment for the
Beavers, Cubs and Scouts joint camping trip
• Explorer Scouts – towards visit to Japan for the World Jamboree
and Duke of Edinburgh Award minibus
• Harborough FM – for equipment replacement.
In addition to monies raised by the Scarecrow Committee, individual village groups themselves raised over £9,200 from the event.
Thanks were offered by all recipients of donations, and appreciation was shown for all those who organised the weekend. Many thanks of course go to all who came along to make the weekend such a fantastic event.